Membership Terms and Conditions
1) Applicants mus complete the online application with payment by credit card or bank transfer. Applicants must provide the follow-on data requested by the Membership Secretary.
2) The Board will review all applications within two weeks following receipt of the application and, at this time, will also consider any objections. Information on criteria used for reviewing a new membership application can be found in our Articles of Association which is posted on our web site at: Club policy, procedure and guidance – Dalgety Bay Sailing Club (dalgetybaysc.org)
3) If, on review, the Board decides not to accept an application, the applicant’s payment will be returned and the application shall be considered closed. A person may appeal against such a decision by notifying the Board, which shall put the matter to a General Meeting for it to be decided by a majority vote of the members present and voting at such meeting.
4) At all times, the applicant will be subject to the rules and disciplinary procedures laid down within the club Articles of Association and related documents. These can be found at: Club policy, procedure and guidance – Dalgety Bay Sailing Club (dalgetybaysc.org) where we would draw your attention specifically to the Club Code of Social Conduct and the Club Handbook.
Note: Parents/guardians are wholly responsible – at all times – for the safety and conduct of any minors they bring into the clubhouse and grounds.
Dogs should be kept under control and on a lead – at all times – when in the clubhouse.
5) All memberships become due for renewal on 1st April of each year at the full annual charge determined by the Annual General Meeting.
Membership will run from 1st April to 31st March of the succeeding year.
6) The applicant must receive permission from the club’s Harbour Master before any boats are left on the club grounds. Boats should only be left in the areas indicated by the Harbour Master. Requests for boat parking should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any boats, trailers or other items left in the club grounds without current boat stickers or other identification may be disposed of by the Board in accordance with the boat storage policy in the Club Handbook.
All boats kept at, or sailed from, the club must have third party liability insurance for £3,000,000 minimum at all times.
7) Any applicant wishing to lay a mooring should seek the advice of the Moorings Officer on the suitability of the proposed mooring tackle and the location of the mooring.
Moorings will incur an additional Crown Estates Commission mooring fee payable to the club treasurer.
Tender storage is subject to a waiting list for slot allocation from the Keel Boat Representative, due to space limitations.
8) The club retains the right to move boats without prior notice. This is done entirely at the owner’s own risk.
9) All property is left within the club grounds entirely at the owner’s own risk. The club cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred.