Keeping a boat at DBSC
Keeping a boat at DBSC
Please note that membership does not guarantee boat pasrking space. Contact the membership secretery if you wish to keep your boat at the club: email@example.com
Remediation and Boat Moves
As you will be aware, Dalgety Bay Sailing Club Limited (the "Club") will need to give access to the Defence Infrastructure Organisation ("DIO") and its contractors and sub-contractors in connection with the remediation of the radium contamination which affects the Club's grounds and the foreshore. Work is now planned to commence in spring 2020 and take until 2022. One consequence of this work is that there will be restrictions on the space available for storing members boats and equipment on the Club grounds, and it will be necessary to relocate boats and equipment from their normal locations while the work is being carried out, either on a short or longer-term basis. There is not enough space on the Club grounds and some boats and equipment will need to be stored at another location. This applies equally to keelboats, dinghies, tenders, powered craft and moorings although we currently anticipate that no dinghies will need to be relocated off site.
Due to these restrictions, membership of the Club for 2021 and subsequent years until completion of the DIO works will be conditional on you agreeing to the following terms. The Club will not be able to accept any new or continuing members who do not agree to these conditions and may need to make arrangements to dispose of any boats and equipment of members who do not renew on this basis and who leave boats and equipment on the grounds. If such arrangements are required the Club will use reasonable endeavours to give the relevant former members 30 days' notice but this may not always be possible depending on the requirements of the DIO works.
If you renew your membership for 2021 and subsequent years, you agree to the following additional conditions:-
- You agree to be bound by the Club's boat storage policy and conditions and the Club's grounds rules, as amended by the Club from time to time. In addition, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
- Your boat and equipment may be moved by the Club, or its contractors or subcontractors, within the Club's grounds in accordance with the boat storage policy and conditions and grounds rules (or as the Club may otherwise determine in its sole discretion as required by its obligations to DIO in respect of the remediation works), and acknowledge that these may be amended from time to time. This will be at no cost to you, but any movement will be at your own risk except where the Club's contractor or subcontractor has been negligent. In such an event, your remedy will be directly against the contractor or subcontractor, and the Club accepts no liability for loss or damage save in respect of its own negligence.
- Your boat and equipment may be moved by the Club's contractors or subcontractors to a location outside the Club's grounds, and in such a case it will be returned when space permits. In the case of boats on moorings, this additionally includes movement to a new or relocated mooring or onshore location, and subsequent return to the original or a replacement mooring in the same location. This will be at no cost to you but any movement and storage will be at your own risk except where the Club's contractor or subcontractor has been negligent. In such an event, your remedy will be directly against the contractor or subcontractor, and the Club accepts no liability for loss or damage save in respect of its own negligence. Any such location outside the Club's grounds may not have launching or recovery facilities, and the Club will not be responsible for providing any facilities at such location. You agree that the Club's contractors or subcontractors may take all such action as is reasonably necessary to allow your boat and / or equipment to be moved and stored, including but not limited to removal of masts and loose equipment and attachment of lashing points, and lifting your boat and / or equipment on and off road transport.
- The Club will use reasonable endeavours (but cannot guarantee) that:-
- you have continued access to your boat and equipment during any period when it has been moved within the Club's grounds, or removed from the Club's grounds or its original mooring;
- you will be advised of the required timetable, movement and new location and, where possible, given advance notice (to allow you to make your own arrangements, at your own cost, to remove your boat and equipment from the Club grounds).
- You agree where possible to provide all reasonable assistance to the Club, or its contractors or subcontractors, if your boat or equipment needs to be moved. This will include but not be limited to facilitating access for surveys, and removal of security devices. You will be responsible for insuring your boat and / or equipment if it has been moved to an alternative storage location, on the same basis as if it were kept on the Club's grounds.
- From time to time, access to the Club and its facilities (including but not limited to launching and recovery facilities, and recreational and organised sailing activities) may be restricted by the Club if necessary or desirable to facilitate the DIO works. This may happen on short notice and / or without any prior notice being given by the Club, but the Club will where possible give members advance notice of any such restrictions.
- Please note that if you require to recover a vessel and the Club's facilities are not available, you will require to make alternative arrangements. The Club will advise you if any assistance from the Club's contractors or subcontractors is possible in such a case.
- Please be aware that the Club is under a contractual obligation to the DIO to move boats and equipment from certain locations on the Club's grounds in accordance with the project timetable for the remediation works, as amended from time to time. If you agree with the Club that you will move your boat and / or equipment if required to do so, but then do not do so in accordance with the timetable specified by the Club, the Club will exercise its rights to have its contractors move your boat and / or equipment instead.
Extra costs incurred by members due to the events outlined in 6 & 7 above should be reimbursed by the DIO provided these are reasonable and reflect the club's normal operations.