Policies & Guidance
This web page contains policies & guidance for the safe and enjoyable use of the club’s sailing facilities. All members are required to familiarise themselves and comply with these when taking to the water at Dalgety Bay Sailing Club or using the club’s facilities.
One page “Checklists”
Members Policies and Guidance
Training Policies & Guidance
Race Officer Policies & Guidance
RIB Policies & Guidance
General Safety Policies and Guidance
Raft & Moorings Policies and Guidance
The relevant Forth Ports Byelaw (30) states “No person of less than 16 years of age shall be in charge of a power-driven vessel having a power unit installation in excess of ten horse power as rated by the manufacturer or having a potential speed in excess of 8 knots in still water”.
** Note, the club has a speed limit of 5 knots within moorings area and racing area when a race is underway, unless in the event of an emergency.
RNLI Safety Guidance
The Six RNLI Sea Safety Rules
- Wear a lifejacket – whenever you go boating.
- Training – understanding your boating activity is essential
- Inform – tell others where you’re going and when you’ll be back
- Engine and fuel check – all is in order, with sufficient fuel?
- SOS Device – carry at least one means of calling for help
- Tides & Weather – check the present and future conditions before heading out