The club has a regular programme of events for Dinghies over the summer and autumn months, with dinghy racing on most Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.
Dinghy Racing Programme
There will be separate courses for each race for the following classes:
1. Asymmetric handicap classes
2. Non – Asymmetric Handicap class
3. Novice/ Junior Handicap class
If numbers do not require separate courses one or more of the above may be combined at discration of he / shee who must be obeyed (the Race Officer!).
Using Club Dinghies for Racing
We encourage all members to make use of the clubs extensive race of well-maintained dinghies to participate in our Club racing programme. Details of how to book a club boat are here: Use Training Fleet Boats for Club Racing
Wednesday evening racing runs during summer evenings from May until the end of August. Racing starts at 1930, allowing plenty of time to get down after work, and there’s normally a social crowd in the bar afterwards.
There are two series that take place through the summer:
- Wednesday First Series, from May-June
- Wednesday Second Series, from July-August
“Special Saturday” Fun Regattas
The club certainly isn’t only about hardcore dinghy racing. From May to September we organise regular fun regattas, where our younger members can develop their skills in a supervised session with fun races and exercise. Sweeties are often involved !
Club racing is run on most Sundays throughout the season. There are two races, with the first race starting at 1400. The second race follows immediately after the first. There are a number of series that are run:
- Early Bird series (8 races), March to April
- Sunday Warm-up series (8 races), May
- Sunday Summer series (16 races), June to August
- Sunday Autumn series (16 races), August to October