Dinghy Racing Programme
There will be separate courses for each race for the following classes :
1. Asymmetric handicap classes
2. Non – Asymmetric Handicap class
3. Novice/ Junior Handicap class
If numbers do not require separate courses one or more of the above may be combined at discration of he / shee who must be obeyed (the Race Officer!).
Using Club Dinghies for Racing
We encourage all members to make use of the clubs extensive race of well-maintained dinghies to participate in our Club racing programme. Details of how to book a club boat are here Use Training Fleet Boats for Club Racing
Wednesday evening racing runs during summer evenings from May until the end of August. Racing starts at 1930, allowing plenty of time to get down after work, and there’s normally a social crowd in the bar afterwards.
There are two series that take place through the summer:
- Wednesday First Series, from May-June
- Wednesday Second Series, from July-August
“Special Saturday” Fun Regattas
The club certainly isn’t only about hardcore dinghy racing. From May to September we organise regular fun regattas, where our younger members can develop their skills in a supervised session with fun races and exercise. Sweeties are often involved !
Club racing is run on most Sundays throughout the season. There are two races, with the first race starting at 1400. The second race follows immediately after the first. There are a number of series that are run:
- Early Bird series (8 races), March to April
- Sunday Warm-up series (8 races), May
- Sunday Summer series (16 races), June to August
- Sunday Autumn series (16 races), August to October
- COVID Guidelines update The RYA have issued updated Guidelines that will allow us to return to (almost) sailing as usual. The only additional restriction is the requirement for a “Track and Trace” system to be put in place. The guidelines say: “It is a mandatory requirement that club and centre operators collect...Read more
- Following a risk assessment approved by the Board and preparations being completed the basement toilets are now back in use. The changing rooms and showers remain closed. The basement is still being used by Wood Group who are surveying the beach and the following precautions are required to protect them...Read more
- Having studied ScotGov and industry guidance, completed the necessary planning, checks and certifications, the bar will re-open from Friday 17th July. Initially, this will be limited to a members-only service for purchase of alcoholic, soft drinks and beverages, with the following opening hours Friday Saturday Sunday 2000 to 2200 1500...Read more